Monday, February 16, 2009

10 fat-related facts about me

This blog will be updated every possible day, at least once, about fat acceptance topics and sometimes anti-hate rants. These don't always fit in my facebook notes, so I'll just link them here. :)

As an introduction, thought I'd share 10 facts about me.

1. I have stopped using my body weight as an excuse in my life. That means...

now I'm going to start longboarding.
when I can, surfing.
hello, bellybutton ring.
hey, no excuses.
any other type of exercise or fun thing I've been holding myself back from because I'm 'too fat.'

2. I don't agree with the line of thinking that flattering and fashionable clothing for fat people means thinning clothes, because that just means trying to look thinner.

3. I don't agree with weight prejiduce -
if you're fat, that means you don't exercise.
that also means you don't have good hygeine.
you overeat, probably compulsively, probably because of something in your childhood.
you are sedentary
you only eat junkfood
you can't have Anorexia or Bulimia (technically you can't- that's liable to be changed soon.)
your heart health is bad.
you are ugly
you are disgusting
you aren't sexy
you are lazy
you don't have good work ethic.

4. I am more convinced, now more than ever, that humans are like sheep, after watching the dieting industries affect on me, and people I know.
A successfull weight loss from a diet (including Weight Watchers) after 5 years is practically a freak occurance at 1 or 2 percent. 90 percent gain that weight back in the first year (for people who lose 75 pounds or more.)

5. I am somewhat coming to peace with not being thin.
I still don't like it, of course, but I've learned I only get this one body, and this one life, and I don't want to spend it hating it anymore.

6. If you are overweight or obese but exercise 3x a week and eat healthy foods, your heart is technically healthier than someone who is thin and sedentary.

7. I no longer spend money at clothing stores who seem to believe that people size 14 and up don't desire good fashion.

8. To be honest, it's not even worth looking anymore.

9. I've recently learned fat prejiduce is real, and it's the only one people justify by saying it is deserved because of poor health and moral practices.

10. I eat a lot sometimes, and very little sometimes.
Most of the time I eat like most people I know.

1 comment: